Why Clean Energy for Orange County?
CE4OC provides energy audits and a hassle-free process for adopting energy efficiency in your home or business. Heres how it works:
- We request proposals from energy efficiency companies in NC and select the most competitive company in the marketplace.
- We lock in competitive pricing and negotiate home energy audits for CE4OC participants.
- We setup educational events to explain the opportunity, rebates, and financing options.
- Enrollment opens and you have until May 31 to fill out the enrollment form.
- Our partner company, ESRA, calls you to schedule your home energy audit.
- The audit is completed.
- You receive a Home Energy Assessment Summary Report and a prioritized list of recommendations to improve the performance of your home.
- If you chose to have work completed, a contract is signed between you and ESRA and the work is completed.
Who is qualified to participate?
Homeowners, business owners, and tax-exempt entities located in Orange County may enroll in the CE4OC program. Enrollment closes on May 31.
How do I enroll?
Click below to fill out the enrollment form.
How can I learn more before signing up?
Visit our FAQ page or attend a free educational event to learn about the program and opportunity, meet the contractor, ask questions, and get the details about costs, utility rebates, and financing options. Event details will be announced soon.
Who is the company doing the work?
We solicited proposals from energy efficiency contractors throughout North Carolina and selected one reputable energy efficiency company that we are confident in; our residential energy efficiency partner is ESRA. Proposals were scored on the following criteria:
- -Company experience and qualification
- -Project team
- -Program plan
- -Pricing and detail of the energy efficiency audit being offered
- -Financial stability
- -Customer service
- -Business and community practices
Companies who applied were required to have a BPI Building Analyst and Energy Auditor on staff; proof of commercial general liability insurance; and a contractors license in the state of NC.
Who are our partners?
CE4WOC has partnered with local nonprofit, NextClimate, to bring you this campaign. Clean Energy for Us receives additional support from a host of local community groups and non-profit allies; including: