What is Solarize Triad?
Solarize Triad is a local campaign brought to you in partnership with NC WARN. We make it easy and affordable for homeowners, businesses, and tax-exempt entities in the Triad to go solar and invest in energy efficiency. We have vetted contractors and organized discounted solar pricing and energy audits for all qualified participants. The enrollment deadline is April 17, 2015.
Who is qualified to participate?
Homeowners, business owners, and tax-exempt entities located in Forsyth or Guilford county may enroll in the Solarize Triad program. When you sign up, you will get:
- -A free solar site assessment (learn if your site is suitable for solar and how much it would cost)
- -A free energy audit that details your sites areas of improvement, how to alleviate those weaknesses, and which projects should be performed in what order (determined by rate of return on investment)
- -Resources on how to finance your solar or energy efficiency project for no-money-down
How do I enroll?
How can I learn more before signing up?
Attend a free public information session to learn about the program and technologies; meet the installers; ask questions; and get the details about tax credits, utility rebates, and financing options.
- -March 2, 6:30-8:00pm, Community Arts Cafe, 411 W. 4th St., Winston-Salem, 27101
- -March 15, 3:30-5:00pm, Ragsdale YMCA, 900 Bonner Dr., Jamestown, 27282
- -April 6, 6:30-8:00pm, Kathleen Clay Edwards Library, 1420 Price Park Dr., Greensboro, 27410
You can also learn more by checking out our FAQ page on solar, FAQ page on energy efficiency, and this flow chart that outlines the process for a participant.
Who are the companies doing the work?
Our solar installers are Yes! Solar Solutions, Southern Energy Management, and RED Group. Our energy efficiency partners are ESRA and Green Horizon.
Who are our partners?
CE4R is a partnership between Clean Energy for Us and NC WARN. We receive additional support from NextClimate and a host of other community groups and non-profit allies.